Photon/Light therapy uses visible and infrared light which can penetrate the skin to a depth of about 8 to 10 mm. Once absorbed, the light energy is converted to cellular energy, stimulating the body's natural processes on a cellular level and kicking off a whole series of metabolic events, including:
• Increased circulation and the formation of new capillaries.
• Increased lymph system activity.
• Increased production of collagen and fibroblasts.
• Increased release of ATP, or raw cellular energy.
• Increased phagocytosis, or cellular clean up.
• Tissue granulation stimulated.
• Inflammation reduced.